In 1876, the E. Anheuser & Co. Brewing Association introduced a now classic name. No, not Budweiser but, more significantly, Budweiser Lager Beer. We've since devoted over a century to perfecting our lager, following the same family recipe for 5 generations of Busch family brew masters.
10 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT BUDWEISER
1. Beechwood chips used for Budweiser are cooked and tasted before use in lagering.
2. Each batch of Budweiser is tasted by our Brewmasters at least five times during its life at the brewery.
3. Barley that is blended for Budweiser malt is gathered from seven states and three provinces across the North American prairies.
4. A sample of every load of rice for Budweiser is cooked and tasted by a Brewmaster before brewing Budweiser.
5. An Anheuser-Busch hop specialist hand evaluates every individual lot of hops for appearance and aroma. He looks at more than 1,600 hop samples each year at harvest and selects only the best hops for Budweiser.
6. For Budweiser, a blend of ten distinct hop varieties is brought together from hop growing regions all over the world.
7. Budweiser is a lager. Lager is a German word meaning "storehouse" or "resting place." Lagering began in 1410 when a German brewer determined that placing a beer in a cool "lagerhaus" for a period greatly improved his beer.
8. Rice freshness is important to Budweiser. Rice is milled, polished, graded and transported immediately to the brewery for Budweiser brewing. Budweiser rice is never stored after milling and polishing.
9. It takes about 40 billion yeast cells to ferment the equivalent of one bottle of Budweiser.
10. Anheuser-Busch continued to brew Budweiser during Prohibition. The brand was traditionally brewed and aged and then de-alcoholized in accordance with the law.
Budweiser "America's Favorite" Commercial
Budweiser "Clydesdale Team" Commercial
Budweiser "Magic Beer" Commercial
Budweiser American Ale Tutorial
06/224:00pm - 6:00pm
06/296:00pm - 10:00pm
07/1210:00am - Sat, 07/13/2013 - 5:00pm
07/192:00pm - Sat, 07/20/2013 - 11:00pm
08/0810:00am - Sun, 08/11/2013 - 5:00pm
08/164:00pm - Sun, 08/18/2013 - 11:00pm
08/241:00pm - 10:00pm