1983 - The idea is born.
1994 - From a meeting of eleven diverse individuals Nuovo Birrificio Italiano S.R.L. is born.
April 3rd, 1996 - Birrificio Italiano, the first micro-brewery in Lombardy, is inaugurated. Production and blending of "whole" beer, gastronomy, culture, multimedia and more.
1. Total transparency in beer brewing. Customers will be able to see the ingredients, instruments and systems used for brewing draft beer.
2. The promotion of beer and its heritage.
3. Gastronomy that goes well with beer; an extensive search for the selection and preparation of the most appropriate dishes. A limited assortment of delicious dishes that are frequently varied.
4. Creation of a lively ambiance for lively patrons. An interactive setting, because it requires active participation.
5. A space provided for artists seeking to present new and old art forms and culture.
A great passion for beer led to the idea of brewing it in small quantities, obtaining a fresh, whole product inspired by the best German tradition. In 1516, Wilhelm IV, Duke of Bavaria, decided the time had come to establish by law the ingredients used for the brewing process: thus, the famous decree for beer purity (Reinheitsgebot) was born, which is the first law of history for the protection and safeguarding of a product. Birrificio Italiano uses the same ingredients: water, barley malt, hops and yeast.
The beer produced is only drunk on location. Therefore, not having to artificially prolong its shelf life, any industrial treatment can be eliminated from the production cycle.There is no filtering, pasteurization, stabilizing or preservatives, but only continuous, first-hand supervision of the product.
We also pay close attention to the tap phase, which everyone now knows is a factor that counts in the success of a beer. Once again, we have been inspired by the German school of thought according to which, especially for Pilsener beers, the glass must be filled gradually, and there must be a tall, thick white head on the beer to be served.
Due to our transparency and philosophy, we are always willing to personally explain every detail concerning brewing and tapping techniques to anyone who is interested.