Exceeding customers expectations
Labatt Breweries of Canada has been shaped by more than 160 years of brewing excellence. Throughout the company’s history, Labatt has never lost sight of the fact that it is in business to exceed the expectations of its customers. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, 3,000 employees come to work every day dedicated to exactly this objective.
In 1847, the company’s first brewery produced close to one thousand bottles of beer a year. Today, Labatt is a proud member of InBev and makes about 60 local and world-renowned beers available to customers across Canada. Much has changed at Labatt since its founding, but one thing remains the same — our commitment to brewing great beer.
Dream, People, Culture
Labatt and other InBev operations around the globe share the vision of becoming the best beer company in the world, delighting customers and consumers time and time again. Dream, People and Culture are the driving forces behind everything we do, wherever we operate.
Ten principles form the essence of our culture:
1. Our shared dream energizes everyone to work in the same direction.
2. Great people, allowed to grow at the pace of their talent and compensated accordingly, are the most valuable assets of our company.
3. Our leaders select people who, with the right development, challenges and encouragement, will become better than themselves.
4. We are never completely satisfied with our results. Zero complacency helps guarantee a lasting competitive advantage.
5. Our focus on results helps us devote our time and energy on what is essential for the business. We recognize it's impossible to excel in everything.
6. Everything we do has an owner with responsibility and authority. While debating is important, those owners must ultimately make the final decisions.
7. We believe common sense and simplicity are better guidelines than sophistication and complexity.
8. We're constantly managing our costs. They're the most influential drivers fully under our control, and a lean company has more resources to invest in top line growth.
9. Leadership by personal example is crucial. The real action is in the places where we make and sell our beers, so we manage whenever possible by going there.
10. We work hard to build the strength and reputation of our company and brands. Even if it means losing a sale, we don't take shortcuts. We know that adopting the highest standards of integrity in our business conduct will always pay off.
These principles make up a powerful, common culture that is further underpinned by five competencies shared by our people around the globe. Our competencies define who we are, both in our beliefs and our actions. They involve thinking big and taking on big challenges; a simple, focused and disciplined approach to reaching our goals; thinking and acting as owners; developing the best people and teams; and always leading by personal example.
At Labatt and at InBev, our commitment to our culture is paramount. It is the means by which every one of us can take ownership of our dream, aligned behind the vision of making our company the best in the industry. We believe each individual has the power to make things happen. Our people choose to exercise that power.