The Yanjing Beer Group was established in 1993, but early in 1980 its brewery was founded. During the course of its development, the Yanjing Beer Group adheres to the business idea of “conducting ourselves lovingly, doing our work honestly, and undertaking our business creditably”. The Yanjing Beer Group has taken the road of development by inner expanded and rotating reproduction, with its practical strength raised due to annual technological renovation. The Yanjing Beer Group promotes self-development through technological progress, establishes a national-level scientific research center, introduces professional talents, and grasps market opportunities by reliance on science and technology. Actively involved in the market, the Yanjing Beer Group takes the lead in setting up a consummate marketing network to meet the demand of market economy. At present, Yanjing beer covers a market share of more than 11% nationwide, including 50% of the market share in North China and 85% of the market share in Beijing. The Yanjing Beer Group actively completed the stock system reconstruction and pursued the transformation from product operation to both product and capital operation. In 1997, the Yanjing Beer Group was listed (went public) in the stock markets of both the mainland and Hong Kong. The special mode of the “A-stock status on a Red-chip background” provided abundant funds for the rapid and steady development of the Yanjing Beer Group. The Yanjing Beer Group elaborately creates its corporate culture by a long-term cultivation of the spirits of “being wholeheartedly dedicated to work, starting an undertaking through hard labor, struggling against formidable tasks, working with the overall situation in mind in tandem with the colleagues, and sharing the worries of the enterprise as the enterprise owner”. The Yanjing Beer Group practices the wage system of combining the dedication to work with the stimulation mechanism in pursuit of the rapid, steady and healthy development of the enterprise.
Over the past 25 years, the Yanjing Beer Group has developed into one of the largest beer-producing enterprises in China. In 2006, the volume of production and marketing of Yanjing beer totaled 3,530,800 kiloliters, and Yanjing ranked at the top ten with this number in the world. Sales revenues amount to 9.136 billion RMB yuan, and the profit and tax is 1.920 billion RMB yuan, which includes the net profit of 418 million RMB yuan. The Yanjing Beer Group spent only 20 years overstepping the century-old global history of beer. By year 2006, the Yanjing Beer Group possesses tangible assets valued at 10.7 billion RMB yuan, and the business credit of its trademark “Yanjing” is 18.042 billion RMB yuan, including some brands that are attached to Yanjing: the business credit of Liquan beer is 2.288 billion RMB yuan, the business credit of Huiquan beer is 2.226 billion RMB yuan, the business credit of Xuelu beer is 1.019 billion RMB yuan. With a total of 23,500 employees, the Yanjing Beer Group covers an area of 2.89 million square meters. It boasts of 29 affiliated companies, including 21 breweries and 8 relevant or attached enterprises. Its general headquarter is the largest brewery in Asia. For years, the Yanjing Beer Group has been selected as one of the top 500 lucrative industrial enterprises of China, one of the top 100 breweries. The Yanjing Beer Group has been awarded the gold medal at the 31st international exhibition in Brussels, the gold medal at the 1st national light industry exhibition, the prize for the high-quality product in the national product quality appraising. Also, Yanjing beer was honored with the A-grade product in the national beer quality inspection, the product satisfying consumers nationwide, and the China Top Brand Product, etc. Besides, Yanjing beer was particularly provided for the state banquets in the Great Hall of People. It is specially used in four aviation companies including Air China. In 1997, the Yanjing trademark was selected as a well-known trademark by the State Administration for Industry and Commerce. In 2004, the Yanjing product series acquired the first national green food certification.
After China’s entry into the WTO, confronted with fierce international market competition, the Yanjing Beer Group will continue its rapid, stable and healthy development, and attach importance to the following four aspects:
1. Improving technology and equipment, and keeping up with the international standard.
2. Developing the Yanjing brand into an internationally known beer brand.
3. Strengthening the market network and taking the initiative in the market competition.
4. Raising the economic strength and keeping the annual accumulated net capital than 200 million RMB yuan, ensuring sufficient capital for the corporate development. The Yanjing Beer Group will participate in the international market competition with the faith of “developing national beer industry and striving for a world-famous brand.”
The next goals of the Yanjing Beer Group are as follows:
1. The output and sales of beer to amount to 5 million kiloliters in 2010, the Yanjing Beer Group will rank among one of the top 8 largest breweries in the world, as a world-level large-size beer group.
2. The Yanjing Beer Group will actively develop domestic and international markets, and promote the internationalization of brand of Yanjing beer.
3. The Yanjing Beer Group will actively and steadily adhere to the strategy of “focusing on one central business and developing related industries,’ enter the fields of mineral water, beverage, biology food and biology medicine, and cultivate new economic growth points.