GreatBrewers.com Releases Beer Sommelier
Beer is increasingly considered the ideal beverage to accompany food for its palate cleansing carbonation and its diverse range of styles featuring flavor and aroma characteristics that can enhance any dish. But selecting the right beer style to complement a specific dish, and tracking down a retailer that carries that style presents inherent challenges. For the first time ever, GreatBrewers.com breaks down these barriers with the Beer Sommelier.
The Beer Sommelier graphically displays more than 250 unique dishes, which are categorized by main ingredient. Once you select a dish, the Beer Sommelier will recommend the best beer complements ranging from the more than 140 styles recognized by the Brewers Association. Then, see examples of each beer style that are available in your neighborhood and use the beer finder feature to map the closest bars, restaurants, and beer stores that currently stock that item.
According to Eric McKay, the creator of GreatBrewers.com, “America’s increasing affection for craft and specialty beer lies in its extraordinary diversity of styles, its growing availability in the market, and its unparalleled ability to harmonize with food. With the Beer Sommelier, we hope we can help more people make the revelation that a well-paired beer can so dramatically enhance the culinary experience.” The Brewers Associaiton reports that craft beer has consistently been the fastest growing segment of the adult beverage industry since 2003.
McKay, a BJCP beer judge, with insights from Brooklyn Brewery brewmaster Garrett Oliver, and the late beer writer Michael Jackson, provided the pairing recommendations for each dish. The beer finder on GreatBrewers.com is powered by perpetually updated sales data from more than 20 of America’s leading craft and specialty beer wholesalers located throughout Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin, with additional locations to come later in 2009.
Visit the Beer Sommelier today at http://greatbrewers.com/beer-sommelier and savor your next meal with the perfect beer accompaniment.
Video Tutorial: Use the Beer Sommelier
Beer Sommelier in the News:
Read what some other publications have to say about the Beer Sommelier web app.
- Thrillist | May 19, 2009 - Great Brewers' Beer Sommelier
- Tasting Table | June 26, 2009 - Beer Buddies: Flawless food-and-beer pairing online
- All About Beer Magazine | Volume 30, September 2009 - Great Brewers' Beer Sommelier
- Draft Magazine | June 10, 2009 - The perfect beer with your dinner?
- Beverage World | July 10, 2009 - GreatBrewers.com Releases Beer Sommelier
- The Captain's Chair | June 10, 2009 - Beer and Food Pairing Made Easy
- City Pages | August 16, 2009 - Online Beer Sommelier
- The Pitch | June 8, 2009 - Online beer sommelier actually helpful
- The Feedbag | June 4, 2009 - Need A Beer Pairing? Ask The Beer Sommelier
- Advocate Magazine | June 5, 2009 - Friday Productivity Killer: Beer Sommelier
- Beer & Nosh | June 10, 2009 - Beer Sommelier
- Trend Central | May 22, 2009 - TRENDCENTRAL PICKS: TRENDS ON TAP: Beer trends to go with your weekend of BBQing
- Portland Mercury | June 3, 2009 - Uhhhhh, YEAH, I Would Like a Beer With That.
- Dallas Observer | July 2, 2009 - Hophead: When Pairing Beer, The Sommelier Is Helpful...Sometimes
- HAZNOS | June 7, 2009 - Beer Sommelier - Que cerveja beber?
- NECESCITY | July 3, 2009 - Become a beer sommelier
- BIRROPHILIA | June 15, 2009 - Beer Sommelier: Consigli rapidi per abbinare birra e cibo
- So Yeah Dood | November 23, 2009 - Which Beer? Thanksgiving
- The Baltimore Sun | November 23, 2009 - Kasper weighs in on beer with the bird
|Beer Sommelier Picture||24.14 KB|
|Beer Sommelier Screenshot||104.55 KB|