Upgrade Your Beer Life with BeerCloud 2.0 for Android!
With an ever greater assortment of beers lining store shelves and flowing through bar taps, the launch of BeerCloud 2.0 for Android offers a refreshingly simple way to navigate the increasingly complex world of beer.
Version 2.0 of BeerCloud adds some powerful new functionality, including the ability to manage your favorite beers, brewers, and places* to buy beer, and to store tasting notes. Comments can be instantly published to your Facebook or Twitter account, complete with a geotag. And everything you create with BeerCloud 2.0 is actively synced with your "BeerCloud" on GreatBrewers.com.
BeerCloud 2.0 users can now view the beer lists they've created on GreatBrewers.com, as well as upcoming events for beer fan groups they have joined on that site. In supported geographies*, users can also check out the current beer lineup at local retailers, and browse a list brands that can be tracked down in their local market.
Summary of upgrades:
- Flag your favorite beers, brewers, and *places to buy beer
- Submit and store your tasting notes
- Share comments on specific beers with friends via Facebook, Twitter, messaging, or email
- Instantly access and manage your favorites and tasting notes in "My Cloud"
- Preview upcoming events from groups you've joined in GreatBrewers.com
- View beer lists you've created with GreatBrewers.com
- "Nearby" feature lets you find bars, restaurants, and beer stores in your area* and view a current list of beers available
- "Nearby" also enables you to browse a list of beers* you can track down in your neighborhood.
- Everything is directly synced with data on GreatBrewers.com. Sign up for an account today to get started!
BeerCloud 2.0 for Android further enhances all of the functionality users enjoyed in the first version of BeerCloud, including quick searching by text, voice, or a barcode scan, a beer sommelier that recommends the best styles to match any dish, and GPS beer tracking. The ever growing database, which is hosted by GreatBrewers.com, now includes more than 3,600 beer descriptions and over 640 brewery bios. The beer tracking database, which is updated each week, includes more than a million rows of data detailing beer offerings at over 51,000 retailers in 11 states.
BeerCloud 2.0 is now available for all devices running Android, and can be downloaded for free. Viewing this page with an Android device? Click the icon below to download BeerCloud 2.0, or navigate to the Android Market and search "BeerCloud."
*For current geographies supported with Beer Finder data, click here.
BeerCloud 2.0 for iPhone/iOS is currently under development.
- Jingsheng Wang, the lead engineer of GreatBrewers.com and BeerCloud, is an open-source purist and an Android fanatic who takes a fresh approach to software engineering.
- Eric McKay, creator of GreatBrewers.com, is a self-professed beer geek who is dedicated to helping the world discover great beer.
- Tom Byrne, GreatBrewers.com's lead graphic designer celebrates two of his passions, art and great beer, by designing great beer art.